We collect latest biology news in the world. The news is refreshed every hour.
- Genetically predicted circulating serum homocysteine levels on osteoporosis: a two-sample mendelian randomization studyon June 4, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Microbial diversity in the vaginal microbiota and its link to pregnancy outcomeson June 4, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Chile says recent mass seabird death not due to avian fluon June 3, 2023 at 6:26 pm
Early tests indicate that the recent mass death of thousands of seabirds along Chile's northern coast were not caused by avian flu, authorities said Friday.
- Buzzworthy: Honeybee health blooming at federal facilities across the countryon June 3, 2023 at 6:22 pm
While judges, lawyers and support staff at the federal courthouse in Concord, New Hampshire, keep the American justice system buzzing, thousands of humble honeybees on the building's roof are playing their part in a more important task—feeding the world.
- Gene genius: how the placenta project is unlocking the secrets of our cellsby Robin McKie Science Editor on June 3, 2023 at 4:00 pm
The Human Cell Atlas is already helping to ensure safer pregnancies, and scientists believe it will help them understand many other conditionsIt provides oxygen and nutrients for a growing baby, removes waste products as they build up in its blood, and protects the life of the foetus. Yet the placenta, the temporary organ that cherishes the unborn, is a puzzle. It carries the DNA of the newly formed child but manages to elude immune responses from its genetically distinct mother.Understanding how the placenta survives and functions is of critical importance in ensuring pregnancies are healthy and viable – and thanks to a remarkable global project, the Human Cell Atlas (HCA), researchers are now uncovering the secrets of its behaviour. Continue reading...
- Comparative analysis of bats and rodents’ genomes suggests a relation between non-LTR retrotransposons, cancer incidence, and ageingon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Flavodiiron-mediated O2 photoreduction at photosystem I acceptor-side provides photoprotection to conifer thylakoids in early springon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- A systems biology approach to define mechanisms, phenotypes, and drivers in PanNETs with a personalized perspectiveon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Pneumonia detection with QCSA network on chest X-rayon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- p53 inhibitor iASPP is an unexpected suppressor of KRAS and inflammation-driven pancreatic canceron June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- CasTuner is a degron and CRISPR/Cas-based toolkit for analog tuning of endogenous gene expressionon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Dynamic pathogen detection and social feedback shape collective hygiene in antson June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- A single-cell trajectory atlas of striatal developmenton June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Eco-evolutionary dynamics in microbial interactionson June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Balanced SET levels favor the correct enhancer repertoire during cell fate acquisitionon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- APOBEC3B coordinates R-loop to promote replication stress and sensitize cancer cells to ATR/Chk1 inhibitorson June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Optimizing cancer immunotherapy response prediction by tumor aneuploidy score and fraction of copy number alterationson June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Origin, genetic structure and evolutionary potential of the natural hybrid Ranunculus circinatus × R. fluitanson June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Systematic literature review reveals suboptimal use of chemical probes in cell-based biomedical researchon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Structural mapping of Nav1.7 antagonistson June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Oligonucleotide mapping via mass spectrometry to enable comprehensive primary structure characterization of an mRNA vaccine against SARS-CoV-2on June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Improvement of cryo-EM maps by simultaneous local and non-local deep learningon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Distinct bacterial population dynamics and disease dissemination after biofilm dispersal and disassemblyon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Development of allosteric and selective CDK2 inhibitors for contraception with negative cooperativity to cyclin bindingon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Establishment of cancer-associated fibroblasts-related subtypes and prognostic index for prostate cancer through single-cell and bulk RNA transcriptomeon June 3, 2023 at 12:00 am